Macbook OS X:
If you have Mac OS X 10.7 or later, you may use the built in QuickTime 10 player.
- Open the file menu and select New Audio Recording.
- You may click on the down arrow to select the microphone input, quality, and save destination.
- Microphone volume is adjustable with the slider under the record button.
This applies to Windows 7 and above:
- Make sure you have an audio input device, such as a microphone, connected to your computer.
- Open Sound Recorder by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Sound Recorder, and then, in the list of results, click Sound Recorder.
- Click Start Recording.
- To stop recording audio, click Stop Recording.
- (Optional) If you want to continue recording audio, click Cancel in the Save As dialog box, and then click Resume Recording. Continue to record sound, and then click Stop Recording.
- Click the File name box, type a file name for the recorded sound, and then click Save to save the recorded sound as an audio file.
IOS and Android: You can use the voice recording memo app on your phone.