The network indicator helps diagnosing the quality and health between your school network and Nearpod servers. It facilitates troubleshooting in case you experience connectivity issues while using Nearpod.
Note: The Network Indicator does not tell if the internet works but whether the connection to Nearpod's servers do.
In order to find the network indicator. Go to an iPad or a computer. Note this is not available in the iPhone app.
Navigate to nearpod.com/login and enter credentials
Click the silhouette on the top right (or profile picture if added)
Once the side bar appears, select the Network Indicator option as shown below
The Network Indicator helps troubleshooting in three areas:
● Account services: indicates the ability to login or sign up with Nearpod.
● Content services: indicates the ability to download lessons.
● Sync services: indicates the ability to maintain synchronicity between teacher and students devices.
Note: If the Account and Content Services work fine but not Sync Services, you will be able to login, launch and download lessons, but won't be able to swipe and advance slides.
Many institutions have firewalls and filters in place to ensure that their networks remain secure. If you are able to browse the web but Nearpod's Network Indicator is red, there are two possibilities:
● Firewall is preventing Nearpod from working.
● Nearpod is down: you may want to contact us.
***The web app version is also shown at the bottom of the Network Indicator (see below):