Our Nearpod iOS app allows teachers and students to use Nearpod on Apple devices, such as iPads and iPhones. You and your students can download the app from the Apple app store on your iOS device.
The most recent version of the Nearpod app was released on 10/30/2020, and this article reflects the most recent version.
Overall, the experience is mostly the same as using Nearpod from a web browser. Here are a few differences you need to be aware of!
The student experience of the Nearpod iOS app offers a very similar experience to the browser. Students will join the lesson with the Nearpod code via the app, and will be able to engage in the lesson as they can when using the browser.
With the iOS app, students will have access to additional features like:
- Apple Pencil and Pencil Kit within the Draw It activity
- VR mode for Virtual Field Trips (iPhone only) with gyroscope
The following features are not yet available in the iOS app:
- Integration with Flipgrid
- On the iOS app, students may have trouble joining a Nearpod + Zoom lesson
- If their teacher has the Student name validation with Google or Microsoft SSO feature enabled, students will join the lesson without validating their name, as if the feature were not enabled
The Teacher iOS experience is best suited for delivering lessons. To create lessons and review reports, you will be redirected to the web browser. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- On mobile devices, you will only have access to saved lessons, the Nearpod Library, and the ability to join a lesson with a CODE.
- Live Draw It responses will not appear when using the iOS app as the instructor
- You will not yet be able to launch an interactive video that is not part of a Nearpod lesson via the iOS app, but will be able to facilitate an interactive video if it is embedded in a Nearpod lesson. Please note that the teacher dashboard for interactive video activities will not work on small iPhones but will work on larger mobile devices
- On the iOS app, you are not able to launch a Nearpod + Zoom lesson