Our Nearpod iOS app allows teachers and students to use Nearpod on Apple devices, such as iPads and iPhones. You and your students can download the app from the Apple app store on your iOS device.
The most recent version of the Nearpod app was released on 9/16/21, and this article reflects the most recent version.
Nearpod's iOS app supports iOS version 12 and up.
Overall, the experience is mostly the same as using Nearpod from a web browser. Here are a few differences you need to be aware of!
- We now support Clever and Classlink login
- We've enabled Student name validation with Google or Microsoft SSO on our iOS app
- We now support Whiteboard on the iOS app
- We now support Live Annotation on the iOS app
The student experience of the Nearpod iOS app offers a very similar experience to the browser. Students will join the lesson with the Nearpod code via the app, and will be able to engage in the lesson as they can when using the browser.
With the iOS app, students will have access to additional features like:
- Apple Pencil and Pencil Kit within the Draw It activity
- VR mode for Virtual Field Trips (iPhone only) with gyroscope
The following features are not yet available in the iOS app:
- Integration with Flipgrid
- On the iOS app, students may have trouble joining a Nearpod + Zoom lesson
The Teacher iOS experience is best suited for delivering lessons. To create lessons and review reports, you will be redirected to the web browser. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- On mobile devices, you will only have access to saved lessons, the Nearpod Library, and the ability to join a lesson with a CODE.
- Live Draw It responses will not appear when using the iOS app as the instructor
- On the iOS app, you are not able to launch a Nearpod + Zoom lesson