Video instruction is a great way to teach students new information, and we know it's important to check to make sure students understand as they watch. With Nearpod, you can now make any video interactive by embedding questions directly into the video.
- Start in your My Library page. Then click create and then video.
- You can either upload your own video, search YouTube, or search our standards-aligned library of Videos with questions built in.
- You can choose to trim your video by clicking the "trim" option on the right-hand side. You can start the video later and/ or end it early.
- Once you choose a video, select the spot during the video where you'd like to add a question, then click "Add Activity."
- Select the question type you'd like to add, and write your question. For multiple-choice questions, you'll need to also add answer choices, and select the correct answer.
- Save your question, and repeat steps 3 and 4 to add additional questions.
- Once you're ready, you can title your video by clicking on the pencil in the blue bar above your video, and then save your video by clicking "Save" on the bottom right.
- Now, you're ready to launch your video with your students!