Nearpod's lesson settings help teachers customize the experience their students have when engaging with Nearpod lessons, videos, and activities.
Teachers customize student experiences in Nearpod with text-to-speech accommodations, notetaking features, and more. With Nearpod's lesson settings teachers can:
- Require student name verification to ensure students are practicing appropriate digital citizenship skills in the classroom
- Access text-to-speech, translation, and additional text features for struggling readers when they enable Microsoft's Immersive Reader
- Allow students to practice effective notetaking skills during any Nearpod lesson, video, or activity with Nearpod's Student Notes feature
- Share results from a Quiz or Multiple-Choice Question with students during asynchronous learning with Student-Paced mode
- Allow students to resubmit answers in Live Participation mode
- Enhance student-centered classroom discussions with Collaborate Board for Student-Paced lessons
- Require student submissions in Student-Paced mode to ensure you hear from every student on every question in any classroom setting
Here's how to adjust these settings:
Find your lesson settings
Click on the avatar in the upper right corner of your My Library page, then click on "Lesson Settings"
Enable or disable settings
Once you're in your lesson settings, use the On/Off toggle to enable or disable settings. There's no need to save; once you enable the setting, you're all set!