Nearpod allows teachers to create and deliver interactive slides, interactive videos, and gamification & activities to students while collecting data and insights into student understanding - all in one place. There are lots of ways to get started creating in Nearpod. In this article, you will learn how to build a Nearpod with interactive slides, formative assessments, dynamic media, gamification, and/or activities within the Nearpod platform.
In this article you will learn how to :
Create interactive slides within the Nearpod platform
1. From your Nearpod home Page also known as My Library page, click "Create", then select "Lesson". There are two buttons, both with have the same options and the same results.
2. Open the Add Content & Activities option to begin creating your interactive content Slides inside the Nearpod platform. Choose the Slides option to start your first slide.
3. Explore all the creative options available for creating interactive slides in Nearpod. Consider the layouts and themes, use the rich text editing options and add additional media to show your creativity.
4. Click "Save and new" to save the current slide and create the next one. Click "Save" to save the current slide and return to the lesson editing page.
Add Content and Activities to enhance the learning
Next, choose from a variety of Content and Activities to add before, after or between your content slides.
1. From the lesson editing page, once again choose the Add Content & Activities option.
2. Choose from the available Content choices or the available Activity choices.
For a complete list of Nearpod's media types and formative assessments along with a how-to for each feature, view this article.
Title and tag your lesson.
1. Once you are finished adding activities and media to your lesson, click on the pencil in the top left to name your lesson. Title your lesson, add descriptive words, learning standards information, and select the grade and subject. Adding this information is not required, however it will make it easier for you to find this lesson next year. Press submit to save your lesson details.
4. After editing your lesson details and completing your lesson, click "Save & Exit" to save your lesson and return to My Library. Or click "Preview" to see what your lesson will look like from a student perspective.
If you're looking for additional options to create a Nearpod lesson, check out these articles:
- How to upload your PowerPoint, Google Slides, or PDF into Nearpod
- How to create a Nearpod with the Google Slides add-on (for teachers with Gold, Platinum, School, or District accounts)
- How to create an Interactive Video