Allow students to access support for text accommodations including text-to-speech, language translation, and more within a Nearpod lesson. Students can use Nearpod's integration with Microsoft Immersive Reader on most Nearpod activities and slides created with the Google Slides Add-On or Nearpod's new Slide Editor.
Empower students to feel more confident in their abilities to access classroom lessons, assignments, or independent work. With the Microsoft Immersive Reader integration teachers can:
- Provide text-to-speech, audio, and English Learners supports in every lesson in any subject area
- Create supportive classroom environments for students who need reading supports
In this article, you'll learn:
- How students use Immersive Reader in a Nearpod lesson
- Which Nearpod features are compatible with Immersive Reader
- How to enable/disable Immersive Reader in your lesson settings
Use Microsoft Immersive Reader in a Nearpod
When students reach an activity or slide in a lesson with Microsoft Immersive reader, they can select the Microsoft Immersive Reader icon.
Text can be read aloud when the student selects the play button.
The student can adjust the Voice Speed or Voice Selection from female to male when they click on the settings gear next to the play button.
The student can adjust the Text Size, Font, and Theme color with the Text Preferences options.
The student can add Syllables and Parts of Speech with Grammar Options.
Students can adjust the Line Focus, access a Picture Dictionary, and Translate the text in over sixty different languages with the Reading Preferences options.
Which Nearpod features are compatible with Immersive Reader?
Students can access Immersive Reader on the following Nearpod content and activities:
- Open-Ended Question
- Draw It
- Multiple Choice Question
- Text on slides created with Nearpod's new Slide Editor
- Text on slides created on slides for lessons made with the Google Slides add-on
Turn Microsoft Immersive Reader on or off
1. Select your personal avatar in the top right corner of your account
2. Select Lesson Settings
3. Toggle on/off the Enable Immersive Reader function
Note: When you turn this feature on or off it will be enabled or disabled for all students who join lessons that you launch from your account.