With Nearpod, you can add Reference Media, including a PDF, weblink, image, video, or audio resource as part of many activity types. Students can access this media while responding to the question.
Imagine the possibilities:
- Include a story with the PDF Viewer and then respond in an Open Ended Question
- Have students open an Audio recording to a spelling word, then writing that word in a Draw-It
- Use an image with different emotions when asking students how they feel during a Poll
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to teach with Reference Media
- How to add Reference Media to an activity
- Which Nearpod activities support Reference Media
Teach with Reference Media
When students see a question with Reference Media, it will appear in the corner of the activity. Students can enlarge or open the Reference Media by clicking on the image. They will use the X to exit the Reference Image and return to the activity.
Add Reference Media to an activity
1. While editing or creating an activity, click on the "Add media, video, or audio instructions" button and select the media type you'd like to add.
Media types may include: image, audio recorder, PDF viewer, video, audio or web content.
2. Once you've selected the media type, you will be able to add the reference media that you chose.
- Images: You can either upload or search via a Google Safe Search
- Audio Recorder: You can record your audio directly within the activity at this time
- PDF Viewer: You are able to upload your PDF from your files or drive
- Video: You can either upload or search YouTube directly
- Audio: You can upload an audio file from your computer files or drive
- Web Content: You can copy and paste any URL you want your students to see
3. Select "Save" to add the media to the activity. When you're finished editing the activity, click "Save"
Which Nearpod activities support Reference Media?
The following Nearpod activities support Reference Media:
- Open-Ended Question
- Draw It
- Collaborate Board*
- Time to Climb*
*Time to Climb and Collaborate Board support only Images as Reference Media
Note: You are only able to add one type of reference media per activity.