With Nearpod's On the Fly feature, you can respond in real-time to student needs during a lesson in Live Participation mode. This provides flexibility to ask questions, provide extra practice, dig deeper on a topic, visit a website and give a demonstration on a live whiteboard.
In this article, you'll learn
- Which activities are available with the On the Fly feature
- How to add an activity in the middle of your lesson while teaching
Which activities are available with the On the Fly feature?
The following activities are available to add On the Fly:
- Web Content: share a weblink to student devices
- Open-Ended Question: Share a question, and students can respond with text or audio
- Draw It: Students can draw, write, or add images to their response
- Slide: Create a slide to share with your students
- True/False: Ask your students a true or false question
Add an activity in the middle of your lesson while teaching
When in a Live Nearpod lesson you can add activities "on the fly" to adjust the learning and meet student needs. Students will be able to participate in the activity and their work will be stored in the Nearpod Reports.
1. During your lesson, select "+Add Activity" in the top right corner and choose the activity you'd like to add.
2. Complete the instructions on screen to create your activity. When you're ready, click share to share the activity to student devices.
3. If the activity requires student responses, you will see their replies on the teacher dashboard. Click "close activity" on the bottom of the screen to return to your lesson.