Nearpod's Draw It activity gives students many ways to demonstrate what they know. They can respond with drawing, text, images, GIFs or video on top of whatever background the teacher uploads.
In this article, you'll learn how students can use the Draw It feature.
When students reach a Draw It in a Nearpod lesson, they will select the icons from the Draw It Toolbar at the bottom of the slide and respond to the question being asked.
Students can use the bottom toolbar to:
- Undo and Redo
- Add Image
- Add Text
- Under the ellipses (three dots), you will find Video, GIF Image, and Erase all.
Students can also:
- Use the blue Instructions tab with the arrow on the top left to hide the question for better view of the Draw-It Screen.
- Have text read aloud with Microsoft Immersive Reader if it is enabled by selecting the icon with the open book and speaker.
- Access reference media if the teacher has added it within the instruction box.
While working on their drawing, students, can:
- Move and resize text boxes with the blue dots.
- Format text and font/font color by selecting Advanced in the formatting toolbar, as well as use the Math Formula Editor to complete equations.
- Import images from Google SafeSearch and from personal files on their device.
When the task is complete, the student will select Submit.