When facilitating a live Nearpod lesson with students, teachers can launch a whiteboard at any time in the lesson and the students will be able to see what the teacher is doing in real-time. This feature is great for teacher modeling, responding to or addressing a misconception, and more.
Note: this feature works when both teachers and students are using Nearpod in a web browser, during a Live Participation lesson.
Learn how this feature works in this article!
1. From your library, launch a lesson in Live Participation.
2. On the upper right-hand side of the Teacher View, click the "Open Whiteboard" button.
3. This will open up the whiteboard to be able to draw, highlight, or type.
4. What you draw, highlight or type on the whiteboard will also show up on the student's screen in real time..
5. When you are done using the whiteboard, click the yellow "X" on the upper right-hand side to close out and you will resume your lesson. You can reopen the whiteboard at any time throughout your session.
Note: Anything put on the whiteboard will be available throughout the session when reopened until it is deleted using the trashcan. Whiteboard drawings will not be available in a new session, or in student notes.