Student Accounts is an optional feature that you can enable for your school or district. Available as part of the Premium Plus license, student accounts provide valuable benefits to teachers and students at your school or district.
When student accounts are enabled, teachers and students have greater flexibility when using Nearpod. Students will enjoy seamless access to lessons using their account, including the ability to change devices, take breaks or finish lessons later without losing their progress or submissions.
Once student accounts have been enabled by the admin, student account creation is an easy process!
- If your school/district is rostering teachers through Clever or Classlink, students will be automatically rostered within 24 hours of enabling the Student Accounts feature (please ensure you have shared student data within Clever or Classlink, or else student accounts can't be created).
- If you are not rostering through Clever or Classlink, all you need to do is launch a lesson from your school or district-issued account and have students join the lesson! Once they do this the first time, an account will be automatically created for them and there's nothing extra you need to do!
This article will go through the steps to create student accounts!
The process to create Student Accounts
1. Once Student Accounts and auto-rostering are enabled by the admin, the teacher launches any lesson for your students.
2. Students can join the lesson via the code or the link.
3. After students enter the code or click on the link, they will be prompted to log in using their school email with either Google, Microsoft, Clever, or Classlink SSO. (Note: if they join the lesson as a guest, an account will not be created for them).
4. Once they log in, a pop-up will ask them to confirm that their name is correct. Once they confirm, they click "Yes, continue". If it is not the right account they can click "Go back".
5. They will then enter the lesson that you launched and their account has been created.
6. After their account is created, they can go to nearpod.com/login at any time and log in using either school or district-supplied credentials via Google, Microsoft, Clever, or Classlink. From here they will be able to access their account and create lessons, access their reports, etc...
Note: Student accounts are created behind the scenes the first time the student and teacher follow these steps after student accounts have been enabled by the admin. After this, they will still join the lesson through their SSO for any lesson they join and will see the above steps.
- Students can only log into Nearpod using their school or district-supplied credentials. Nearpod supports the following SSO providers: Google, Microsoft, Clever, and Classlink.
- Nearpod remains committed to student privacy and will never market to students or sell student data.
- Students are only able to be assigned to one school.